Saturday, November 7, 2009

The Epic Journey of DJ Disco Wiz, Hip Hop's First Latino DJ

This book was recommend to me in passing and I bought it as an add-on to an Amazon order (to get my free shipping). Being sick with the flu SUCKS, but it gives you time to catch up on reading and things. So I picked up this book today and read it in one sitting which is very, very, very rare for me. It was not what I expected...that is to say another book about how hip-hop & DJing started back in the day. Instead I was blown away and engulfed in the realness of this man's (this Hip-Hop Legend's) life story. It's not one of glamor and fame, but one of a hard fought life with lots of mistakes, struggles and hardships. I'm not sure I would put it on the level of Iceburg Slim's life story (PIMP), but it's the closest book I've read that truly captured the raw emotions of each incident as Iceburg did in his book. Highly recommend picking up a copy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis